Fremont County operates on a fiscal year beginning January 1st and ending December 31st.
Functions of the Finance Department include:
- Timely payment to vendors supplying goods and/or services to all Fremont County departments (Accounts Payable).
- Preparation and coordination of adoption of the annual county budget and property tax mill levy to be applied to assessed property values.
- Monitoring of actual revenues and expenditures with comparison to the approved annual budget.
- Preparation and distribution of monthly financial reports to all county departments including review with the Board of County Commissioners on the over-all financial status of the county.
- Preparation of comprehensive annual financial statements of all county funds for review and opinion of the independent county auditor.
|The Fremont County Commissioners formally adopted a 2013 budget on December 11, 2012.|