What is the Colorado Child Care Assistance Program?
This program assists low income families with child care subsidies. Funding comes from federal, state and local sources including the new Child Care and Development Block Grant. New state rules and regulations were implemented on July 1, 1997, to expand eligibility and increase the number of families who can receive child care assistance.
- Teen parents who are working or in school or obtaining a GED.
- Low income parents are are working or in training.
- A family whose income does not exceed the following gross monthly income:
Family Size Maximum Monthly Income 2 $1,926 3 $2,416 4 $2,906 5 $3,401 6 $3,887 7 $4,377 8 $4,867 9 $5,357
How do parents get into the program?
- Parents apply at the Fremont County Department of Human Services.
- Parents must provide verification; including self-employment.
- Eligibility for continued child care subsidies is determined every six months.